Fairfield Plantation is a paradise for outdoor activities featuring two lakes (270 and 58 acres), ideal for swimming and fishing. Feel free to bring your paddle board!
- Our outdoor pool is open from May to October overlooking Lake Tara and our small beach area.
- Bring your paddle board to explore our 270 acre lake with its little coves and stop for lunch at the Dockside Marina.
- The Country Club featuring a 18 hole golf course, restaurant and tennis courts are open year round.
- There are short and long walking trails along the lake and creeks, and excellent fishing spots at the dam just minutes from the units.
- For motorcycle enthusiasts wanting to bring their bike we can provide tours in the area.
The following community amenities are available from Memorial to Labor Day weekend:
- The Recreation Center with Olympic size pool, game room, putt putt and basketball court.
- The Country Club pool.
- Beach area with pavilion. (Now open on weekends only)
Other fun and interesting local attractions:
- Greenbelt around Carrollton, 16 miles of paved bike trails with bike rental locations provide a wonderful opportunity to explore the area. Don’t forget to stop for lunch at the Square where we suggest the “Brown Dog Eatery”!
- Historical Town Square in Carrollton with numerous restaurants and shops.
- Horseback riding only 2 miles away.
- Pine Mountain Gold Museum in Villa Rica is home of Georgia’s first gold rush of 1826.
- Newnan called ‘City of Homes’ with tree-lined main streets, restored storefronts and beautiful vintage homes.
- Zip Line Eco-Canopy Adventures in Whitesburg will send you criss-cross over Snake Creek Gorge.
There are so many more exciting attractions that we can list only a few:
- The Georgia Aquarium with over 8 million gallons of water is the top Atlanta attraction right in the heart of Downtown.
- World of Coca-Cola, drink from the spectacular soda fountain, even sample the exotic flavors of Coca-Cola products from around the globe. All this and much more…
- CNN Studios, visit the global headquarter of the world’s news leader.
- Six Flags over Georgia theme park is located only 30 minutes away, with spectacular rollercoasters.
- Stone Mountain Park’s ancient landmark is the largest exposed piece of granite on earth, with a high relief carving that took 55 years to complete.
- Callaway Gardens is home to a world of flora and fauna featuring America’s largest glass-enclosed butterfly conservatory, acres of azaleas to admire and fascinating exhibits to explore.
- The Little White House in Warm Springs was Franklin D. Roosevelt’s personal retreat.